Kao is one of the leading players in the Mass business with well known brands such as John Frieda, Guhl and Biore. There are significant opportunities to continue to accelerate the business performance of the Mass businesses in EMEA. At the same time the FP&A function for Kao in EMEA is undergoing transformation in terms of improving its effectiveness of service to the business.
We are therefore looking for a Senior Finance Analyst for our Mass businesses in the Benelux, Nordics and France to support the achievement of the business plans as well as support functional transformation agenda.
The position holder will be responsible for the Management Accounting of Benelux, Nordics and France Mass businesses reporting into the Associate Director, Management Accounting, Mass EMEA. They will act as the finance business partner to the GMs of the 3 businesses.
They will have contact with various parts of the organisation, providing advice to budget holders on all aspects of budget control far beyond "controlling by numbers" and profitability along with working with other members of the finance team. In essence using the rearview mirror to learn the right next steps going forwards.
They will need to provide convincing analysis to help manage towards the committed business profitability targets as well as focus on continuously improving the controlling tools in place to monitor outcomes.
The role is expected to build the appropriate ways of engagement with the FSSC (Financial Shared Service Centre) and Internal Controls (both based in The Netherlands) as well as building the right bridges with the local Mass teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with business partners to develop short, medium and long term business plans as necessary. Manage the P&L by channel, customer and categories necessary. Make recommendations ( including cost saving opportunities) based on analysis and discussion and advise on the impact to the department/business.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and year end closing Management Accounts. Prepare and deliver daily and monthly financial and managerial reports to support the achievement of organizational objectives. Analyse variances in sales, margin and cost centres and explore variances/potential problems with line managers. Undertake forecast variance analysis at agreed intervals during the year in conjunction with budget holders. Ensure that cross charges are managed and internal costs correctly allocated.
- Provide all budget holders with up to date information in relation to their budgets and work with budget holders to ensure they understand the financial information they have in order to make decisions about future spend
- Continuously improve transparency and visibility into key P&L line items, key operational Balance Sheet items and understand the business processes behind these in order to assess internal control state of these.
- Under direction from your line manager/business partner produce ad-hoc info on financial matters for the local leadership team.
- Be a leader in best practices when it comes to managing and implementing financial modelling tools and stay ahead of current trends and methodologies. Working in a developing environment, therefore will be expected to undertake other appropriate duties as required for the effective operation of the business. Assist with financial training if necessary and provide training to budget holders so that they understand key financial concepts.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have gained the following experience and qualifications:
- Ideally 5+ years of experience and proven success in respective positions in international matrix organisation
- Ideally FMCG experience (strongly branded, product led innovation and consumer/customer insight driven)
- Ideally experience with B2B business model
- First-hand experience of management accounts planning, budgeting and forecasting (solid background in financial management, ideally all aspects, but as minimum in management accounting, financial planning and analysis).
- Fully qualified (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Educated to degree level ideally in an analytical discipline
In addition, below are some of the key technical skills and competencies you require to be successful in this role:
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Strong financial and business analysis skills
- The ability to distil complex problems with large amounts of data into simple arguments
- Advanced IT skills (especially in Excel but also in front end analytical systems)
- Excellent written, verbal, influencing, organisational and presentational skills
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships with a wide range of individuals to manage their expectations
- Able to manage change
- Business Acumen & Holistic Thinking
- Willingness and aptitude to challenge constructively
- Able to work independently / self-starter
- Manages / Priorities all stakeholders equally
Within Kao we encourage team members to have to have an impactful employment experiences that truly make a difference for our family of brands, which include, John Frieda, Biore, Molton Brown, KMS, & Goldwell. Our people possess an entrepreneurial spirit, which we actively encourage. Are you ready for your next career challenge? We would love to hear from you!