Kao Specialties Americas (KSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kao Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. Kao Corporation is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets personal hygiene, laundry, food, cosmetic, and specialty chemical products. The majority of the global product lines are based on surface-active agents or "surfactant" chemistries.
KSA is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager focused on asphalt chemical sales working from our The Woodlands, TX sales office.
This position manages is responsible for the sales and business development of new product launches for Kao Europe made products for sale in North America. This is achieved by development and implementation of marketing, technical sales, and R&D programs that optimize utilization of resources from Kao Europe and other affiliates supporting three application segments: Asphalt additives, lubricant additives and fertilizer additives.
Essential duties include:
- This individual contributor role develops a rolling 3-year business plan for new and existing product/ application launches. The plan includes: marketing and sales plan; new products promotional activities; technical presentation program; competitive analysis; milestones and success criteria.
- Make joint sales/marketing calls to major accounts with other members of the Kao group companies
- Gather and maintain market information required for sales and marketing efforts
- Maintain effective communications with assigned customers to insure key technical, purchasing, production and marketing bases are covered and Kao's current and long-term interests are served and promoted
- Direct and control the execution of approved marketing plans in order to attain overall sales and profit objectives for assigned business unit.
- Coordinate the development of product brochures, technical information, application bulletins and other marketing tools as directed.
- Develop new accounts not only by conducting sales calls, but also staffing trade shows etc.
- Gather and maintain market information required for sales efforts as well as information that would assist Kao Europe in developing a strategy in the U.S. and North American market.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor's in Chemistry or in Business degree
- Demonstrated experience with asphalt, asphalt chemical additives and asphalt related product introduction, sales and marketing efforts with $6+MM in annual sales
- 7+ years' experience in non-petroleum, chemical sales to include chemical emulsions, amines and surfactants
- Demonstrated experience responding to customer requests
- Well organized, with excellent people and communication skills
The ideal candidate would also have the following skills:
- Conduct of Business Intelligence work in support of chemical sales
- Ten plus years of technical/business background with a variety of industrial chemicals (lubricant/metal working additives, fertilizer additives) is preferred
- Prior business experience in global trading (either export or import) a plus
- Fluency in speaking and writing in Spanish a plus.
KSA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, savings plan and pension. http://chemical.kao.com/us/ and http://www.kaochemicals-eu.com/
KSA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.